Hetalia: Axis Powers - Liechtenstein

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

My First Day Teaching Mathematics in the Philippines

Yesterday was the first day I taught Filipino students. I taught grade 9 Granite and grade 9 Quartz. Even though it was my first time teaching Filipinos, I didn't feel nervous. I was so excited. In the Philippines, the teachers teach the students using english. The books and the references are in english because english is one of their official languages so that filipinos speak english well. That day, I taught quadratic equations. I taught them with full totality that day
The topic is my favorite material. I could explain the topic well because the topic is one of the topics that I have mastered in mathematics. I am lucky to get a topic that I master well. The students in the grade 9 granite were so active that day, Most of them tried to rise their hands up to answer my questions but the students in grade 9 Quartz were so shy, maybe because I was an international teacher so they hadn't addapted the situation yet.
I also accepted comments from the supervisor who observed me teaching that day, namely sir Justin. He said that in the future, I would become a professional teacher. Sir Justin told me that I am good at teaching and can master the material well. He also said that my voice must be louder when I speak so that the students who sit at the back rows can hear my voice, and my writing must also be bigger so  the students can see it. In the Philippines, students study mathematics every day for an hour, they start going to school at 8 am and come home at 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday are holidays. Before I taught, I had to prepare a lesson plan. So, every day I made my lesson plans in English. This one made me very tired because I needed an idea and time to do it. I also had to make a game before starting the lesson to motivate the students. and made visual aids. I hope I can do my best till the end

No comments: